Friday, May 29, 2009

Cream of Chicken

I'm not a soup fan but I'm always making soups because my kiddo loves to drink soups. I have to admit that they are very convenient whenever I needed a break from preparing elaborate or creative meals. They can last for days and they complement simple meals.


Serves 6
2 cups leftover roast chicken (shredded)
1 litre chicken stock
1 brown onion (chopped finely)
1 cup carrot (cubed)
1 cup corn
1 cup thickened cream
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons parsley (chopped finely)

Cooking:
  • Sweat onions with butter in soup pan for about 5 minutes.
  • Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
  • Add carrot, corn and thickened cream, lower heat to medium and boil for 3 minutes.
  • Add chicken and thickened cream, thickened broth with flour (mixed with 1/2 cup of water), stirring constantly.
  • Garnish with parsley and serve with bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails