Friday, May 15, 2009

Cheesy Salami Pizza

Domino's Toni Pepperoni on puff pastry is definitely one of my top favourite/comfort food in Australia. While I have tried other pizzas from its menu, I haven't ordered anything else eversince I have tasted its Toni on Puff. Yes, it is THAT sensational... for a junkie like me. I actually have secret cravings for it once in a while.. which makes it logical for me to try to make it at home.

No online ordering or picking up required. Just simple ingredients and easy preparation. Et viola! It's pretty good, really.


Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 frozen puff pastry sheet
hot shaved salami slices (quartered)
shredded cheddar cheese
tomato pasta sauce (according to preference)
dried chilli flakes (optional)
canola or olive oil

Preparation:
  • Preheat oven at 220 degrees for 10 minutes.
  • Rub 1 tablespoon of oil evenly onto baking tray.
  • Place puff pastry onto tray and use a fork to poke some holes.
  • Spread tomato pasta sauce, then add salami slices over surface.
  • Sprinkle cheese and chilli flakes over salami evenly.


Cooking:
Pop pastry tray into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.

**Optional:
  1. Dried chilli flakes
  2. Pepperoni to replace salami
  3. Mozzarella cheese to replace cheddar
  4. Plain tomato puree to replace tomato pasta sauce (I used chunky vegetable pasta sauce for this)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails